Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Ahead- Fall back on the Zzzz's!

I love spring because it brings us closer to summer, which is my ultimate favorite season, but this whole time change thing is a real pain! Not that I wasn't losing enough sleep when Emma decides not to sleep through the night, but we just have to throw out an extra hour of it because the sun is moving to different locations in the sky. If we actually lived by the suns movement, we'd gradually change the timing of the events day to day, not all at once. I can handle losing a quarter of a minute every couple of days. But something about that one whole hour just sucks the life right out of me. I'm convinced it is instituted by coffee shops.... just when we get the hang of waking up without  needing a cup of coffee in the morning, they decide the time needs to change, and it just so happens, everyone wakes up extra tired and in desperate NEED of coffee to come remotely close to an 'awake' state of mind. That's just my theory ;)

Well, Emma went and did it again! She's gotten another month older. I can't believe 4 short months ago she was still thriving in my belly. Now here she is laughing, talking in her own baby talk, rolling over, playing with her toys, yelling at her toys, and always looking at me like I am the best thing in the world. I just love her so much! I'm so blessed to have her! Happy 4 month Birthday my sweet sweet girl! Does the time ever fly! 

I signed up for a parenting course, and the first day was yesterday. I mean, you can never know too much right? Plus I always feel like I am doing something wrong, so I thought this would be perfect to be reassured, as well as to meet some other mum's and babes. They have a nursery there where they take your baby for you so you can be focused on the lesson plan, and each baby has their own 'experienced mother' to look after them. It's not like their are 2 women watching 10 kids. I love that! It makes me feel like my daughter is being looked after properly. Emma just slept cuddled up to one of the lady's, and woke up just as it was time to leave. I really think I am going to enjoy this program! They teach you how to cook healthy meals, stick to a budget, organize your home, and learn to find time to have your own life outside of being a 'mommy'! PERFECT! Exactly what I need! 

I mentioned that Nick was offered a new job, well he might have a chance to get an even better job than that one. I don't want to get too excited because that one might not work out, but if it does, it would be super great! I'll go more into detail once things are finalized. 

Does anyone know where to buy a swimsuit for a 4 month old?! I've looked everywhere and can't find one. I've decided to put Emma in swimming lessons. But I can't find one... and when I say swim suit, I'm talking age appropriate, I'm not into little girls in bikini's, not at all! 

Hope everyone is enjoying the last bit of winter! Blessings! 

Twila


1 comment:

  1. baby gap usually has baby swim suits so does old navy :) i remember i saw them last year and wanted to buy one because i was so sure i was having a little girl. :(

    ReplyDelete